Abstract Submission for emc2020
Abstract submission is open for both oral and poster presentations
You will need to visit our dedicated submission system website to submit your abstract. We advise you to read through the Submission Guidelines below, the Abstract Submission Terms & Conditions and the Call for Papers before beginning.
Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards.
Authors may submit abstracts for either oral or poster presentations.
Abstracts are to be limited to a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 1000 words. You may include supporting figures and tables and your abstract must contain adequate information to allow a sound referee review.
Abstracts should be a condensed version of the final presentation and include all significant findings. Write the text so that readers who are not specialists will be able to appreciate the purpose of the study and understand the procedures and conclusions. The text, entirely written in English, must include a short introduction and motivation of the study, including experimental procedures, main results and conclusions.
Abstracts should be structured as follows (please note you do not need to use the headings below in you abstract text):
- Summary - Brief description of the project/case study.
- Introduction - Includes the background, aim and/or objectives, and importance of the study.
- Methods/Materials - Summarises the approach, procedures or steps used in the study.
- Results and Discussion - Describe the observations or data in an orderly and logical sequence using both text and illustrative materials such as tables, figures. The discussion section should interpret the results and connect the key points or findings of the study with the objectives stated in the introduction.
- Conclusion - highlight the significant findings and outcomes.
All sections on this form should be completed:
- Abstract title.
- All authors' and co-authors' names and affiliations.
- Contact information (name, designation, email address, postal address, and phone and fax numbers) of corresponding author(s).
- Type of presentation (oral or poster presentation).
- Theme or sub-topic area.
- Detailed information with introduction, methods, results, and conclusions.
Abstracts will be reviewed according to the following criteria: (a) relevance to a specific symposium or keyword, (b) scientific content, quality and innovative proposals, (c) clarity of the text.
Accepted non-invited abstracts must be presented by an author who is registered and has paid to attend the conference. An exhibition visitor registration will not be considered a valid registration to present your work and failure to register for the conference prior to its start, will result in your work being excluded from the Congress.
Any major revisions may affect a symposium organiser's decision to accept your abstract, please review it carefully before submission.
You may express your preference about the form of presentation, however the Scientific Organising Committee reserves the right to make the final decision.
Abstracts will appear on the online programme on the emc2020 website. If you do not wish to have your abstract displayed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Amended) Abstract Submission Deadline - 15 June 2020