emc2020 - A Sustainable Conference
How the organisers and you can make emc2020 the most sustainably-run yet.
Copenhagen is well known for being one of the world’s most sustainable and liveable cities and is routinely placed near the top of related global rankings. It therefore comes as no surprise that Copenhagen is also a front runner when it comes to hosting green meetings, conferences and events. The emc2020 organisers are keen to build on this reputation by making this congress the most sustainably-run yet.
As well as working behind the scenes to achieve this, we have the following recommendations for conference delegates:
- If you are flying to Copenhagen, choose a direct flight to leave the smallest possible carbon footprint.
- Alternatively, if time allows, overland travel options through mainland Europe would be even more sustainable.
- Copenhagen is one of the most walkable cities in the world. Its compact city centre makes walking between attractions, restaurants and hotels an easy option.
- You could also join the locals and travel by bike. There are bikes available for hire all over the city (more information is available at bycyklen.dk)
- Finally, all hotels and attractions are easily reachable with Copenhagen’s reliable public transport system. It operates 24 hours-a-day and all the trains, Metro and buses can be accessed with the same ticket.
Find out More